Friday, April 3, 2015

Two years on.

I'm back.

Blogging is a peculiar activity. It's one of those things that's much easier to do when done regularly. It's a simple thing to write my thoughts daily but skip a week and hooboy, it's tough. I don't write this with the expectation that others are reading it (although that's how it started out - a system-wide introduction to the wonders of 2.0 for staff), but there's still an odd guilt when I don't write something. And then my perverse nature kicks in and I don't write anything, sort of a "you can't make me" thing. And here it is, two years on. Human nature is just too funny sometimes.

I still like my humor theme. It's important to laugh, even if the laughter is a small inner chuckle or a smile. The Internet (do we still capitalize the word "Internet"?) is a purveyor of all that is wretched in the world, from breaking news of something grim to comment threads that seek to bully and ridicule. BUT. . .the online world also affirms that there are good things happening through creative responses to problems and needs, and there are comment threads that are delightfully witty and restorative (check out the occasional Pun War that erupts on AV Club.)

So, I'm back. Back to blogger, back to humor, back to recording the things that make my day a little lighter.

Overheard on Twitter:  There's no travel delight equal to successfully identifying and evading the wannabe-chatty seatmate on a long flight.

Until next time. . .

No comments: