Wednesday, October 17, 2007

To the point in krl2.0

So. I've been nattering on about humor over the last week or so. It's been good practice for messing about in a blog about a subject that matters a lot to me. Now I'd like to veer off-course for a moment.

I've been moseying around the blogs. You know what the coolest part of the whole KRL blog scene is for me? I've always believed that there is a huge pool of unsuspected talent in the people who work here. The blogs are proving it to be true. I've seen creativity - writing, art, photography, blog names (how did you come up with those?!) - and I've read honest responses about the whole Web 2.0 thing. Even though you may be feeling reluctant, concerned, or uncertain, you are embracing krl2.0 and giving it a chance. Mmm, well, perhaps you're not embracing it but still. You're here.

To the point? Many of the emerging technologies are all about sharing, whether it's a book review, a favorite site, or an online tutorial that was useful. At the end of the road, I hope we find ourselves more connected with one another because of the conversations we've had.

KRL as community. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

HannahGrams said...

I wholeheartedly agree with you, Susan! I have shared more with others at KRL in the last week, than in the last year and a half [nearly] since coming to work for the system.

WOW! The wind just really picked up here, and the leaves are flying like missiles in to my windows. A vibrantly red, japanese maple across the road is losing Its leaves like I'm losing my hair! I guess LingLing has arrived!

Sorry about that digression. Here's how I responded to your post on my first blog:

Hey there, to you slee. How is beautiful downtown Pt. Orchard today?

I loved your comments and I can't wait to hold my own with my 19 year old college student and his oh-so-tech savvy-smarty pants friends on facebook. [I am there and some of his friends are becoming my friends!]

I just tell those young'uns that I saw Jimi Hendrix, Cream, Janis Joplin, Timothy Leary the Grateful Dead and others IN PERSON, and they think I am a GOD.

Not-so-young tech savvy folks is peeps too!