Friday, September 24, 2010

For pete's sake...

This morning, I've found myself humming "I'm Just a Girl Who Can't Say No." It's one of those inexplicable things that happen. I've tried singing the words instead of humming. I've tried humming the national anthem, a tune which usually dislodges viral humming, but it hasn't helped. Too bad I'm not at work today - I could make the hum worthwhile by infecting someone else with it.

You know, Oklahoma! simply bubbles with viral-humming candidates. The title tune has plagued me several times in the past, as has "The Farmer and the Cowman" (Should Be Friends) and "People Will Say We're In Love." Rogers and Hammerstein knew how to write solid, bouncy, singable songs. Although, regarding bouncy, I once caught myself humming "Pore Jud is Daid." You'd think that little number would be too slow and therefore unhummable. Nope, not for me.

Heh heh. It just occured to me that you may find yourself humming one of those tunes after reading this.

Overheard on Twitter: Trying to be sneaky with my pretzels but it's really quiet in here right now and the bag is not cooperating.

Next time: something far more interesting than this was, I hope. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Peeriemoot said...

I often find myself humming 'Springtime for Hitler' from The Producers! At least Oklahoma can't offend anyone :-D. I've got the Farmer and the Cowman in my head now...